Introduction


The two museums I visited were the NYS Museum in Albany and The Tang Teaching Museum in Saratoga. I went to the NYS Museum first. I actually took my Dad along with me to visit both of the museums. He loves art and to walk around museums as much as I do, so I figured we could make a day out of it. We drove to both, and did it all in one day. This was definitely not a my first time going to a museum. My parents have always loved to travel and made sure my brother I were exposed to many different museums growing up.

The NYS Museum is an Art and History museum,. The museum is actually very diverse and has different types of exhibits, ranging from sculptures and art pieces, to amazing replicas of Native American houses and a giant and realistic looking Mammoth. I have actually been to this museum before, but after taking this class, I was able to go slower and play closer attention to the different things around me.

The Tang Teaching Museum was the next museum we went to. It is on the Skidmore college campus, and I was actually very shocked with the art that was shown there. It seemed to mostly be my favorite kind of art, which is quite frankly weird contemporary and surrealistic art. Surprisingly enough, I have never been to this Museum before. I grew up in Saratoga, I have never heard of this Museum before and was very excited to experience something new.

Comments

Popular Posts